Leading People Into A
Growing Relationship With Jesus Christ!
Tenets Of Faith
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God; every word is perfect.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Peter 1:23-25; Hebrews 4:12)
2. The Trinity. There is one God, comprised of three Persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. All are equally God and all are eternal.
(Matthew 28:19; John 1:1, 14)
3. Mankind was created in the image of God, male and female. But mankind chose sin (disobedience to God), and only has the hope of redemption through Jesus Christ, God's Son.
(Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21)
a. Mankind's only hope of salvation is through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Salvation comes through confessing with the mouth "Jesus is Lord" and believing with the heart God the Father raised Jesus from the dead by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(Romans 10:9; Romans 8:11)
b. A person knows he is born again by the inward witness of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:16). Other people know someone is born again by a lifestyle that produces good fruit (a life becoming more and more like Jesus).
(1 John 3:23; John 13:35)
c. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone and not by works; but we show evidence of our salvation through good works. Those good works after salvation determine our rewards in heaven.
(Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 10:9-10; 14:10-12;
1 Corinthians 3:12-15; Titus 3:5-7; James 2:18)
5. Baptism in water is a declaration to others that a person has believed on Jesus Christ for salvation. Baptism by immersion in water represents the person being crucified, buried, and resurrected with Jesus, and entering into new life with Him.
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4)
6. Celebration of the Lord's Supper (communion) by eating bread and drinking the cup is a remembrance of the broken body and shed blood of Jesus on the cross.
(1 Corinthians 11:24-30)
7. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all believers. It is separate from salvation. The Holy Spirit brings power to the believer to be effective witnesses for Jesus, as well as the gifts of the Spirit for the encouragement of others.
(Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; 2:38-39; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31)
8. All believers who receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit will pray in other tongues as the Holy Spirit enables them. They will also serve God and witness for Jesus with power.
(Acts 1:8; 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:2, 6)
9. The Church is the Body of Christ, continuing the work Jesus began while on the earth. Each believer is a part of the Body of Christ, with a specific function to perform.
(Ephesians 1:22; 2:19-22; Romans 12:3-8)
10. God desires to prosper believers in every way.
a. Spiritually (John 3:3; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Romans 10:9-10)
b. Mentally (2 Timothy 1:7; Romans 12:2; Isaiah 26:3)
c. Physically (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:17)
d. Financially (3 John 2; Luke 6:38; 2 Corinthians 9:6-10; Philippians 4:19)
e. Socially (Proverbs 3:4)
11. Jesus is coming back to take all His believers to heaven. This event is known as the Rapture of the Church.
(1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1)
12. Those who have received Jesus will spend eternity with Him in heaven. Those who reject Jesus will spend eternity in the torment of hell, separated from the presence of God.
(Mark 16:16; Revelation 19:20; 20:10-15)
13. Jesus will return to earth with His believers, defeat Satan, and establish a 1,000 year reign as promised in Scripture. (2 Thessalonians 1:7; Revelation 19:11-16; 20:1-7) After this, there will be a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21).
14. God established monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family, the basic structure of human society. (Genesis 2:24) For this reason any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, pedophilia, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and/or pornography are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex between a man and a woman in marriage. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:9-11) God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged other than in the context of marriage between a man and a woman. (Genesis 19:5, 26:8-11; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1, 6:9; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4) Therefore, HomeChurch will not recognize or conduct any marriage between persons of the same gender.